We’re famous for small cabin kits called bunkies that can be easily built in a weekend without needing specialty tools or a second mortgage.
We help families create extra space for meaningful connection.
Cottage Bunkies & Backyard Bunkies
We’re famous for small cabin kits called bunkies that can be easily built in a weekend without speciality tools or a second mortgage.
Cottage Bunkies & Backyard Bunkies
ENJOY THE OUTDOORS
Do you need extra space? The bunkie is a perfect solution. Whether it be at your cottage or home, our bunkies can be assembled in a few days and will provide you with 99 – 220 square feet of extra living space. It’s easier to assemble (than building from scratch) and it comes with all the necessary hardware needed to put it together.
Our bunkies are ideal for a cottage bunkie, backyard bunkie, home office, studio or anything you need extra space for. We were featured on Dragons Den and are the only business in history to receive offers from all 5 Dragons.
We built our first bunkie in 2015. We loved it so much, we built five more. Now, we manufacture the best bunkies at our factory in Rockwood, Ontario and ship across Canada and USA. We hope you will enjoy them as much as our clients do.
WHO WE ARE
Bunkie Life is the leading manufacturer of bunkies in Canada. We specialize in the production of bunkies at our factory in Rockwood, ON. We strive to fulfill our client’s expectations and deliver consistent results.
Bunkie Life’s must-have features:
- Interlocking wooden logs made from kiln-dried premium J grade Northern Spruce; an attractive high-quality softwood for durable construction
- Double pane windows for energy efficiency and to let natural light and fresh air in
- Bunkie Cabins: 9 models with spacious main areas
- Bunkies with Lofts: 6 models with lofts, largest fits a king size bed
- Tongue and groove wood floorboards
- Roof boards; add your own choice of roof, shingles or metal
- Bunkie Kit comes on one pallet so it can be transferred to a special location on your property
- All the hardware comes in the kit so you don’t have to run to the store
- Easy to follow building instructions, videos, and written
- Awesome build support available 6 days/week
- Most of our bunkies are snow load rated and have engineered stamped drawings
- You can become part of a community of over 1,200+ Bunkie Life owners who share helpful tips and ideas
- Great shipping rates across Canada and USA
WHY BUILD A BUNKIE
Bunkies are the best way to build extra space on your cottage or home property.
You can have extra space for guests, a home office, studio, or a private getaway to enjoy your favourite area of your property. You could also turn your bunkie into an Airbnb to earn extra money.
A bunkie is a great place for extra space, a getaway for family or friends, a studio, private spot for writing or reading, and grandkids, families and friends love them!
“We built a bunkie because we needed the extra space for visiting family. We also plan to rent it out as it sits on 60 acres of wooded farmland.”
“I started looking at my options for extra space. I realized that building an addition would be too expensive and time-consuming. A bunkie seemed like the perfect solution, so I ordered and built it in the fall of 2021.”
“We love our backyard and being home, but sometimes we still want to get away. We built the Rockwood Bunkie because we thought it would be a perfect little getaway and a “home away from home.”
The possibilities are endless, and the best part is you can build a bunkie in a few days.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Build a Bunkie
Do I Need a Building Permit To Build a Bunkie On My Property?
In many parts of North America, a building permit is not required, however we always recommend to check with your municipality.
How Do I Build A Foundation?
We explain a variety of ways you can build a foundation for your bunkie.
Where Do You Deliver?
We ship bunkies in Canada from the west coast to the east coast, and across the USA. We offer 3 options: group delivery, private delivery and pickup.