0:25 David Fraser explains that a building permit is not required for a structure occupying less than ten square metres (108 square feet), based on the Building Code Act, 1992. The 2018 Log Cabin Bunkie is 82 sq ft. More info at https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/92b23#BK17
1:00 David advises you to check with your zoning by-law regulations for your municipality as they differ depending on where you live in Ontario. This is a quick, easy phone call to your planning department.
To help you with this process, here are examples of a few websites with information and numbers for you to call.
– Projects that do not require a building permit are less than 110 square feet http://sarnia.ca/…/permits-and-…/building-demolition-permits
– Check with the Sarnia Planning Department as to where to put it on your property, 519-332-0330 X3303
– Projects that do not require a building permit: Building a shed, garage or gazebo that is not attached to your house and less than 10 metres square (108 feet) in area https://www.hamilton.ca/…/buil…/residential-building-permits
– Check with the Hamilton Planning Department Permit Specialist as to where you can put it on your property, 905-546-2720 X3015
– In Hamilton, accessory buildings can’t be used as habitable space, but they are ok for storage, tools, gardening supplies etc.
– A permit is not required for accessory buildings less than 108 sq ft. http://www.erin.ca/…/building-permit-application-requiremen…
– Check with the Erin Building Department as to where to put it on your property, 519-855-4407
*When talking to your municipality, please reassure them that the Bunkie Life bunkies are not tiny homes and there is no plumbing.
—-> Please share with us if you have called your Municipality to check where you can put your Bunkie on your property. We’d love to help other people in the Bunkie Life group.