Helpful Information About How To Build a Bunkie
David answers common questions about how to build a bunkie. How do I build a foundation? What tools do I need? How do I build the bunkie? How do I stain it? With the help of friends or family you can build a bunkie from a bunkie kit in one weekend. Watch our videos below or find even more videos on the Bunkie Life YouTube Channel.
This is a common question. In this video I describe the tools you need to build a bunkie from a Bunkie Life Bunkie Kit.
0.08 Measuring Tape: This is helpful when you’re getting started. The logs in the Bunkie Kit are pre-measured and pre-cut, but the measuring tape will help you confirm the size.
Watch the ground-up construction of a bunkie from Bunkie Life in Southwestern Ontario. You will see it being built from beginning to end in just a few minutes. Bunkies are a great option if you are looking for extra room and bunkie kits make building a bunkie much easier.
In this video, Ron and Jim show how you to add the logs to build your Bunkie Life bunkie. In this example, pre-cut Northern spruce logs of the 2018 Bunkie with Loft kit fit strongly and securely together. For the longer side pieces, you will need to use a mallet to ensure they are strongly and securely in place. When you purchase your bunkie we have manuals and instructional videos of how to build your bunkie.
Bunkies give you the extra space you need on your property to do whatever you want, without the hassle of getting a building permit.
- Want to see inside a bunkie? You can do a walkthrough video with David and look inside the bunkies in 3D.
- Curious how to build a bunkie? Watch the Naus family build a bunkie in 5 hours in a time lapse video.
- But how do you insulate it or build a foundation? David explains how to build a foundation and other helpful videos.
- How do I take care of my bunkie? How to choose stain and care for your new bunkie so it lasts a long time.
- Interested in additional windows, composting toilet, or mini wood stove for your bunkie? See bunkie add-ons.
Curious to see our models? View all our bunkies.
Do you have a few questions and want to talk to me first?
Call me, David Fraser at 1-866-4BUNKIE or fill out this quick form. It goes directly to my inbox.
I help people all over Ontario get extra space for their property or cottage.