Helpful Information About How To Build a Bunkie
David answers common questions about how to build a bunkie. How do I build a foundation? What tools do I need? How do I stain it? How do I insulate and heat a bunkie? With the help of friends or family you can build a beautiful bunkie. Watch our videos below or find even more videos on the Bunkie Life YouTube Channel.
You’re excited about the idea of getting a bunkie, but your partner is, well, less excited. What do you do? What are some common issues and objections and how can you help them see the Bunkie Life light?
Watch the ground-up construction of a bunkie from Bunkie Life in Southwestern Ontario. You will see it being built from beginning to end in just a few minutes. Bunkies are a great option if you are looking for extra room and bunkie kits make building a bunkie much easier.
David Fraser explains that a building permit is not required for a structure occupying less than ten square metres (108 square feet), based on the Building Code Act, 1992. Be sure to check on the local bylaws and set back requirements before starting your project.
Bunkies give you the extra space you need on your property to do whatever you want.
- Want to see inside a bunkie? You can do a walkthrough video with David and look inside the bunkies in 3D.
- Curious how to build a bunkie? Watch the Naus family build a bunkie in 5 hours in a time lapse video.
- But how do you insulate it or build a foundation? David explains how to build a foundation and other helpful videos.
- How do I take care of my bunkie? How to choose stain and care for your new bunkie so it lasts a long time.
- Interested in additional windows, composting toilet, or mini wood stove for your bunkie? See bunkie add-ons.
Curious to see our models? View all our bunkies.
Do you have a few questions and want to talk to us first?
Call us at 1-866-4BUNKIE or fill out this quick form.
We help people all over Ontario get extra space for their property or cottage.