How To Determine A Quality Bunkie Kit
If you’re in the market for a quality bunkie, here’s 11 things to look out for when looking for a quality small cabin bunkie kit:
They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, and we’ve been flattered since we started in 2015
What To Look For in a Quality Bunkie Kit
- Roof Beams: Are they solid? Are they going to work with a heavy snowload? Are they actually engineered and rated?
- Roof Blocking?
- Windows: Are they double-glazed? Are they tempered glass? Are they manufactured specifically for the bunkie?
- Loft Railings: Are the pickets done to proper length according to the building code? Are they properly secured?
- Expansion & Contraction: Do the windows, railings & doors have the correct amount of tolerances for expansion / contraction?
- Hardware: Are the screws, nails, handles etc high quality? Are they coated to avoid rusting?
- Corners: How are the corners interlocking? Are you able to see daylight through them, will bugs and weather be able to enter?
- Type of Wood: Spruce is considered to be a superior wood to pine for outdoor building because it is stronger, more durable, and more stable. It has a higher density, which gives it greater resistance to bending and twisting, and it also has a tighter grain pattern, which makes it less likely to warp or split. Additionally, spruce is less likely to rot or decay, which makes it a good choice for outdoor construction. Pine, although cheaper, is softer and less dense, which makes it more prone to damage and more susceptible to warping and splitting.
- Engineering: Does the kit come with proper engineering for your area? Will it be safe in the case of a snow or ice-storm or heavy winds?
- Screens: Are the screens included? Are they high quality?
- Origin: Is the kit an import from overseas or is it actually Made in Canada?
Bunkie Life®: We are a Made In Canada brand.
If supporting and creating jobs in the local economy, reducing environmental impact, ensuring quality and building community is important to you, we’d love to invite you to consider purchasing a truly “Made in Canada” product.
In fact, most of the bunkies manufactured at our factory in Rockwood, Ontario qualify for the prestigious label of “Product of Canada”. This means they’re made from over 98% Canadian sourced lumber, hardware, glass and labour. However, we don’t want you to support us just because we’re Canadian. We want you to support us because we represent the best value and quality bunkie kit that money can buy. We’re ALL IN. Can’t wait to serve you and your family!
You’re invited to come see us!
- If you’d like to see the product first-hand, we offer a 1-on-1 Video Bunkie tour over Zoom or come to the Bunkie Life factory & showroom in person! Click here to book YOUR tour
- If you would rather speak with someone from our team: Click here to book a phone call with us
- Prefer to ask questions over e-mail? Shoot us a message anytime