2019 Bunkie with Loft
Do you need extra space? This easy-to-build bunkie is one of our most popular models. The interior ground floor is 99 sq. ft. and the loft is large enough to fit a queen size mattress. All the pieces are pre-cut and many clients can build this bunkie in a weekend.
2019 Bunkie with Loft includes:
- Footprint: 8’10” W x 11’9¾” D
- Square Footage: 99 ft² + Loft 52 ft²
- Height of Bunkie: 12’7″ (151”), Height of Loft (floor to peak): 4’1.375″ (49 ⅜”)
- Made from premium grade kiln-dried Northern Spruce
- All wood is pre-cut, notched and interlocking
- Main area plus loft with wood ladder; loft rated for up to 2500 lbs
- 5 Double Pane Windows for energy efficiency: 1 Front Window (30 ⅛” x 41 ⅝”) + 1 Side Window (30 ⅛” x 41 ⅝”) + 1 Loft Window (23 ⅛” x 23 ⅛”) + 2 Windows in French Doors
- Number of operating windows: 3
- Extra windows can be added to the side wall or back wall (purchase separately)
- Door: 48” x 81”, Windows in French Doors: 12 1⁄16” x 30 15⁄16”
- Pressure-treated floor sleepers
- Tongue and groove wooden floor boards and roof boards
- Premium window and door hardware
- Kit includes screws and nails
- Snow load rated for even the northernmost parts of Ontario
- Engineer stamped drawing available if permit application is required (nominal fee)
- Manufactured at our factory in Rockwood, ON
We recommend checking with your municipality on the local bylaws and setback requirements before starting your project.
As seen on Dragons’ Den. See the full pitch that made history.
Take a 3D Tour Inside in Virtual Reality
Installation: Most clients (80%) enjoy building their bunkies themselves – we provide easy to follow installation manuals and video aid. See stories of happy clients building their bunkies. If you would prefer to have your bunkie installed, we recommend a local contractor, landscape or decking company or contact us for a list of contractors who have installed bunkies for other clients. You will need to add a foundation, metal or shingle roofing, and stain.
Are the bunkies winterized? The bunkies are great as is for 3-3.5 seasons. You can add insulation under the floor and roof when building and add a heat source to enjoy them in colder months. Here is more information on how to insulate a bunkie and how to heat a bunkie.
Why Choose Bunkie Life: We are the leading manufacturer of Bunkies in Canada and were featured on CBC’s Dragons’ Den. Learn more about why our bunkies are the best: How To Determine a Quality Bunkie Kit. For each bunkie purchased, we donate a one-night stay to Ronald McDonald House Charities to help a family with a seriously ill child stay together.
5 Year Warranty: In the unlikely event of a manufacturer defect, we offer a repair or replace warranty.
We are here to help: We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Our goal is to make sure you enjoy the process of buying and building your bunkie from Bunkie Life.
Payment: We require a deposit to place your order and the remaining amount prior to delivery. We accept payment by email money transfer, direct deposit, credit card (3.5% fee applies), cash, cheque or Bitcoin.
Refund Policy: At Bunkie Life, we pride ourselves on having the best refund policy in the industry. Learn more about our refund policy.
Delivery: We deliver our bunkies across Canada and USA. Read FAQs about delivery or contact us for a shipping quote.
Availability: The 2019 Bunkie with Loft is in stock and ready for pick up or delivery. We are taking orders for Spring delivery.
Would you like to see the bunkies in person? Book Factory Tour in Rockwood, ON
Would you like to see our bunkies but Rockwood, ON is too far away? Book 1:1 Video Tour and Info Session
Contact us: Please call us at 1-866-428-6543 or fill out this contact form
Are you thinking about building extra space on your property?
What we’re famous for is helping families create extra space for more meaningful connections and quality time together.
Our small cabins called bunkies can be easily built in a weekend without a permit (in most areas) or a second mortgage. We proudly deliver across Canada and USA.
Call us at 1-866-428-6543 or fill out this quick form. We will get back to you soon.