2019 Bunkie with Loft
Do you need extra space for your family or friends at home or the cottage? Or a place to escape on your property? This easy-to-build bunkie is one of our most popular models. The interior ground floor is 99 sq. ft. and the loft is large enough to fit a queen size mattress. All the pieces are pre-cut and many clients can build this bunkie in a weekend.
2019 Bunkie with Loft includes:
- Footprint: 106” W x 141 ¼” D
- Square Footage: 99 ft² + Loft 52 ft²
- Height of Bunkie: 151”, Height of Loft (floor to peak): 49 ⅜
- Made from premium grade kiln-dried Northern Spruce
- All wood is pre-cut, notched and interlocking
- Main area plus loft with wood ladder; loft rated for up to 2500 lbs
- 5 Double Pane Windows for energy efficiency: 1 Front Window (30 ⅛” x 41 ⅝”) + 1 Side Window (30 ⅛” x 41 ⅝”) + 1 Loft Window (23 ⅛” x 23 ⅛”) + 2 Windows in French Doors
- Number of operating windows: 3
- Extra windows can be added to the side wall or back wall (purchase separately)
- Door: 48” x 81”, Windows in French Doors: 12 1⁄16” x 30 15⁄16”
- Pressure-treated floor sleepers
- Tongue and groove wooden floor boards and roof deck boards
- Premium window and door hardware
- Kit includes screws and nails
- Snow load rated for even the northernmost parts of Ontario
- Engineer stamped drawing available if permit application is required (nominal fee)
- Manufactured at our factory in Rockwood, ON
We recommend checking with your municipality on the local bylaws and setback requirements before starting your project.
Take a 3D Tour of the 2019 Bunkie with Loft in Virtual Reality
Click here to explore the bunkie as if you are really there. You can click to look around anywhere you’d like.
Installation: Most clients (80%) enjoy building their bunkies themselves – we provide easy to follow installation manuals and video aid. See stories of happy clients building their bunkies. If you would prefer to have your bunkie installed, we recommend a local contractor, landscape or decking company or contact us for a list of contractors who have installed bunkies for other clients. You will need to add a foundation, metal or shingle roofing, and stain.
Are the bunkies winterized? The bunkies are great as is for 3-3.5 seasons. We recommend adding insulation under the floor and roof when building and adding a heat source to enjoy them in colder months. Here is more information on how to insulate a bunkie and how to heat a bunkie.
60 Day Money Back Guarantee: If you change your mind or are not fully satisfied with your bunkie kit purchase within 60 days, we will refund your money, no questions asked.
5 Year Warranty: Your purchase is fully covered by our 5 year repair or replace warranty. This means we will pay to replace or repair any defects in materials or workmanship you may have with your bunkie.
We are here to help: We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Our goal is to make sure you enjoy the process of buying and building your bunkie from Bunkie Life.
Payment: We require a deposit of 50% and the remaining 50% due 3 days prior to delivery. We accept payment by email money transfer, direct deposit, credit card (3% processing fee applies), cash, cheque or Bitcoin.
Delivery: We deliver bunkies in Ontario and Canada wide. We most often deliver on a flatbed trailer (bunkies are over 2500 pounds) and use a Moffett (all-terrain forklift) to get the bunkie as close to your build site as possible. Read FAQs about delivery or contact us for more details.
Would you like to see the bunkies in person? Book Factory Tour in Rockwood, ON
Would you like to see our bunkies but Rockwood, ON is too far away? Book 1:1 Video Tour and Info Session
Want to ask us more questions? Book Phone Call with Bryn
Questions or prefer to phone us?
Please call us at 1-866-4BUNKIE or fill out this quick form
Do you have a few questions and want to talk to us first?
Call us at 1-866-4BUNKIE or fill out this quick form.